Friday, May 27, 2005

Summer! ...and why it's nice to have a model

Suddenly it's summer in Arizona. We've had "3-digit" temperatures for about the past week. It's definitely time for some flippy minis!

I've been serging along on these circle skirts in preparation for a "Designer Showcase" at Here on the Corner on June 3rd. I'm trying different shapes, lengths and fabric combinations trying to arrive at the ideal design. So when Ryan arrived and tried a couple on I was grateful for her opinion. I was apologizing for the skirt above because it has vertical stripes on the waistband. Most of the skirts have horizontal stripes on the waistband and vertical stripes on the skirt. Well, Ryan told me that she PREFERS the vertical stripes on the waistband.

So, it looks like I'll be doing more this way!

I'm adding fruit wedge pins made from felt. Cute, eh?

No comments: