Monday, January 19, 2009
In my ongoing effort to use up every scrap of every necktie, I'd like to present my version of... The Necktie Owl!
This was my first effort - looked a little sinister...
This one was not quite right either, and I wanted more of the tie to show on the front so I tried using skinnier sections and more pieces for the next one.
Definitely too fat...on the other hand, I feel a necktie pumpkin is in order for the fall...
I messed up on the wings for this one and then decided that maybe he didn't need wings.
I tried outlining the eyes in black. Not entirely happy with the result.
A search for "necktie owls" turned up this listing on etsy as well as Barb's version here.
Back to the drawing board!