Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Ornament Wreath Do-Over
Last year I attempted my first vintage ornament wreath and while it was very pretty, I knew that it could be better. First of all, the ornaments were merely stung onto a wire hanger base and therefore a lot of them were facing the wall! Also, because the wreath wasn't flat on the back, it didn't quite hang right.
So a couple of weeks ago, I carefully disassembled the wreath and started fresh.
I saw some ornament wreaths at Pier 1 and I noted that there was a tinsel garland peeking out from between the ornaments:
After collecting MANY more ornaments this year, I started over with a straw wreath form. I wrapped it with green tinsel garland. Also, I took the top off of each ornament and filled the necks with construction adhesive. I made sure that each metal top and wire loop was securely affixed to the inside of the ornament. It takes about 24 hours for the adhesive to dry. Then I used greening pins to attach each ornament to the wreath form. It took forever. There are over a hundred ornaments!
I love the way it turned out. Until next Christmas...