Saturday, September 17, 2005

AZ Craftsters Meet Again....


We started out at 10:00 at the Phoenix Public Market. It was EXTRA FUN today because of the Mariachi Band and the Dancers who performed. Chris, Denise and I mostly bought FOOD.... but I also purchased something VERY special...

My grandmother's church always had a church Bazaar. As a young married person I bought several of the "Handtowels with crocheted top/loop with button that goes over the oven handle things..." You know what I mean, right? Someone send me a link to a bizarro collection of these - please!

Anyway, after seeing my great interest in these - my grandmother would pick them out especially for me and send them every year. She died several years ago and I miss her. When I spotted the ladies with the display of these towels I knew I had to have one. Imagine the display...perrhaps 50 or 60 of these in pairs, back to back, carefully priced and packaged in plastic baggies. All of them lined up like little soldiers for my perusal. How could I choose? One of the ladies came to my rescue pointing to the one in the middle "It's Precious Moments," she confided. I felt so special knowing that she was willing to part with such a rare and valuable item. I mean you just don't see these every day. "I'm getting this for my daughter." I told her. "Oh there are two!" What a deal. For five dollars I got TWO of these towels. My day was now complete - but there was more to come...much more....

I excused myself to visit the Arizona Antique Show. For the first time in my life I bought nothing. It was a bust. Absolutely nothing. I wasted no time catching up with Chris and Denise at City Bakery and who was there to greet us? An entire family of knitters! That's right, the husband, the wife and the two daughters all knitting! Here is a link to their website.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i found two sites that sell those hand towels: here and here.

LauraK said...

Thanks Denise! But do they have Precious Moments?

LauraK said...

"Hand Crocheted Hanging Kitchen Hand Towels" That's what the professionals call them....