Monday, June 04, 2007

Birthday Girl T-Shirt



I've been finding a lot of "buried treasure" during my cleaning out adventure. This "Birthday Girl T-Shirt" was in a box on the top shelf of my closet. I used to make these way back when Kaitlin was a little girl. This must have been one I was keeping "in reserve."

I happen to know a precious little neighbor who is turning six on Jume 20th. Perfect timing!

I actually sold this design to a craft magazine. I think it was "Creative Ideas for Living." I remember being very very disappointed. The editor took some creative license and re-made my design. She invented a boys version of the cake which was horrible and on a khaki-colored shirt. I think it had animal crackers on it or something. She also remade the girls shirt. It was completely awful and it had my name listed as the designer.

Well... at least they paid me.

I'll try to get a photo of my friend wearing this!

No comments: