Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Twas the Night Before Christmas...



I first made these matchbox mice about 25 years ago. Maybe longer. Every year, as we decorate the tree, the kids love to locate the mice.

I was pretty sure that I had saved a package of the boxes and sure enough I located them as I was cleaning out some supplies.



These are at least 25 years old, I have no idea where to find them any more, but there are lots of matchboxes out there that would be equally as cute.



Here is a little photo tutorial. There's not much to it!



Just a little bit of felt, a scrap of fabric, a little embroidery, glue and blush the cheeks. There is a ribbon hanger. That's about it!



Sinple, cute and classic. I mean, who doesn't love a mouse in a matchbox?

I also did a variation with a pair of mice in a Crayola box. The idea was from an old Hallmark Christmas card. That was really cute too!

Anyone else remember these?



Happy December and Happy Crafting to all!


2 comments:

Marsha said...

Oh, Laura, this is so adorable!!

Anonymous said...

I still have mine Laura and think of you every time I get it out!
Jan M (favorite s-i-l)