Thursday, October 14, 2004

A Return to Neckties

I'm happy to report that I have packed up my ruffler and taken up neckties again!

Yesterday, I had a call from Megan Finnerty, the editor of the fashion section of the Arizona Republic. She is going to be featuring Necktie Couture in the October 29th issue of YES. Then I had another call from Sarah at Passage (a local boutique) asking for more daisies, more skirts and more bags. We have an appointment on Friday.

SOooooo I had better get back to sewing those neckties..... And anyway..... I ran out of orange rick rack....

Here are photos of the "1000 points" messenger bag that I made several months ago. If you look closely you can see that I have inserted tie tips into the the seams on the front like feathers. It was really hard to keep everything lined up. It turned out great though, didn't it? I think this is one of the bags that I sent to the Republic. We'll see if it makes it into the feature. Back to the Bernina....

No comments: