Monday, December 05, 2005

The Best Quilt EVER!





Look what William brought home on Friday! Each student in his class drew a holiday picture with a message for an American soldier. They asked me to put them into a quilt.







Here is a close-up of one of the blocks...





here is another.







Daniel is helping me safety pin the layers together.





No time for quilting - we tied the quilt with multi-colored yarn.





Here is the finished quilt.





And here is Mrs. Penfield's class. Will is in the front in the black hoodie. They are sending the quilt to a soldier in Iraq. Don't they all look happy and proud? What a great quilt!

4 comments:

Jo in NZ said...

What a great quilt. I LOVE LOVE LOVE stuff that the kids do themselves.
I really like the way you used the coloured yarn. It fits in perfectly with the project.

Unknown said...

Wonderful project! They can all feel really, really proud of themselves. I'm sure the lucky soldier who receives it, will treasure it very much.

Marsha said...

Now _this_ just makes my day!! What a great project! Someone over in Iraq is going to feel awfully special. :D - marsha

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

The quilt is adorable. I helped a 10 yr old girl make a smaller one for her mom a few years ago. What treasures!
Pat W.